photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Friday, January 14, 2011

Now that the gifts have been given…

I’m been so excited to show ya’ll the little trinkets I whipped up for my little sister’s apartment! She’s a reader of the ol’ blog… so I wanted to wait to show you until after I’d surprised her on Christmas. She’d asked for a little color to brighten up her space, so I started with THIS tutorial for a throw pillow @ Cluck Cluck Sew. Nae’s a huge fan of owls & modern patterns so I bought a great charm pack… It’s a Hoot by Moda @ Fat Quarter Shop.


For the other throw pillow I used the rest of the charm pack and simply sewed the squares together for a “quilted look” without the quilting. I used Pleated Poppy’s Pillow Tutorial… it’s so simple!



Next I knocked off some adorable canvases from my dear friend Casey! I used scraps of fabric from the pillows, Modge Podge & a little brown paint… easy peasy!


Did anyone else make some handmade gifts this year? I had grand hopes of making a whole lot more… but with the morning sickness… maybe next year… when I have a 6 month old? Ha.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE, love, love my gifts. You're the best! I'm excited to do a little crafting of my own soon!

    Thanks again, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, so how can I get on your gift list? These are just adorable! I'm going to the links you've listed to check out the how-to's! Glad I found you today via Funky Junk's! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You are so talented and you're going to have one lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all...but was inspired with the canvas art..I have a cute bird print I made some aprons with...and I was eyeing it thinking of something I could make cuting out the individual birds from the leftover fabric...and I also have some blank canvases that have been waiting to be made into something...I think I just go tmy next project inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete