photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Favorite Family Recipe... Two Ways!

Mmm Mm do I love my Great Grandma Hale's Banana Bread! This is one of the very first recipes I learned how to bake with my Mama, and I've been using up brown bananas to whip some up ever since! I've been keeping plenty of fresh fruit in the house for me to snack on when I've go the pregnancy munchies... but the fact that the last 2 bananas always brown too fast... that means I've been baking wayyy to much. I made this recipe 2 ways in the last few weeks. Let me know which way y'all like it best!

The Cast...


Banana Bread                                                                          Great Grandma Hale
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 heaping tsp baking soda

This is seriously simple folks. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grab a large bowl (or your handy mixer) and add the bananas, butter, sugar and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Then add the flour, baking powder & baking soda. Beat again for a few minutes. Butter & flour two small bread pans and pour the batter evenly into them. Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on your oven. They're done when they spring back a bit when touched.

Here's the secret... take them straight out of the pans and wrap them up in plastic wrap. It keeps the bread nice and moist! You should also spread each slice with some butter... it's goooood.



Well we couldn't run poor Grandma's Banana Bread into the ground could we? (Not that it's really possible to do that.) But being me, I decided to change it up a bit...

Banana Nut Muffins
ADD:
1 cup chopped pecans (YUM!)
1 tsp cinnamon

Pour batter into 24 muffins cups and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, who doesn't love a family banana bread recipe. I've started to add my own twist with chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making these as I read through your posts and boy they were litterly took 5 minutes to make :) So excited. Thank you so much. They smell so good.

    ReplyDelete