photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Bread... Mmmm!

Well ya'll, I have been craving chocolate like there is no tomorrow. Since there's two of us girls craving that dark chocolate now... watch out! Ooooh I'm just gonna LOVE trying to get this baby-weight off! But for now... here's somethin' I made last week that we (and a few friends) gobbled up. Here's what you need...



Chocolate Bread                                                                      Paula Deen
2 1/4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecans (roughly chopped)

First, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350. Then butter and flour your loaf pans (2).

Now grab your mixer and get the flour, sugar cocoa, salt & baking powder stirred together. Then beat in the milk, oil, eggs & vanilla on low speed. Toss in the chocolate chips & pecans and give it a good stir. How easy was that?

Divide the batter evenly in your loaf pans and bake for about 1 hr 15 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then wrap 'em up in plastic wrap so they stay moist!

This bread is delicious any way you serve it, but it's amazing served warm with butter! Trust me.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I stopped by from A Love Worth Waiting for. This looks DELICIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the Ultimate Blog Party. The bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!

    I have never had chocolate bread!!!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH!! it looks so yummy!! <3 your header is very cute!

    i am hosting a rad giveaway, a BIKINI by an up'n coming desginer from Mexico! super easy & right on time for spring/summer! ^.^ xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Following you from
    UBP! Hope you visit me
    and return the follow!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok seriously, what could be better than CHOCOLATE bread!! Yumm

    ReplyDelete