photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Friday, March 25, 2011

Easy Bibs & Burpies!

First off, I want to say a great big THANK YOU for all the sweet comments and words of encouragement I got after my last post! Ya'll are soo sweet!

Sooo, after getting all that bedding knocked out... I'm onto my list of other little projects for Lovebug. I wanted to make some matching bibs & burpies that I've seen all over the blogosphere & Etsy, and after searching endlessly for the perfect bib pattern, I decided to do as the ladies at Prudent Baby suggested, and just trace my favorite bib. Guess what? It worked like a charm and I'm very pleased! Here's what you need...


Quick & Easy Bibs & Burpies!
3-5 fat quarters in corresponding patterns & colors
Matching thread
Snaps (I used the hammer on kind)
1/2 yard of Minky (the super soft stuff)
Your favorite bib to trace

I won the fabric I used from the lovely Lindsay @ Cottage Mama a while back. She's super talented, and makes adorable baby clothes. Check her out!

Step 1: Trace the bib (folded in half) on a piece of paper to make your pattern
Step 2: Pin the pattern to both your fabric & minky (folded in half) and cut out both pieces of the bib.
Step 3: Pin your pieces right sides together and stitch, leaving a 1/4 in seam allowance... Don't forget to leave a 1 1/2 in opening at the bottom for turning out your bib!
Step 4: Turn your bib out (I used a chopstick to help me)
Step 5: Iron your bib nice and flat
Step 6: Top stitch around the edge ( I left a 1/8 in) and close the gap at the bottom as you go.
Step 7: Nail in those snaps (I had the hubby do that for me)


For the Burpies, I used THIS easy tutorial on Prudent Baby. It's basically the same process as the bibs, only easier... just using 18 1/2 by 8 1/2 rectangles of fabric!


I think these would make adorable baby shower gifts! It's a quick and easy project, and it feels so good to make sweet little things for a baby you love!


Have a great weekend!








P.S. I'm linking up to the parties on my side bar!

10 comments:

  1. You are so crafty! I wish I was able to do stuff like that, but I always ruin stuff lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link at Tatertots and Jello. I love how these turned out, I think I'm going to have to give the bibs a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, they look fabulous! The fabric you chose is darling!

    Carlee,
    ladybirdln.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I always wanted to do those. Visiting from Tatertots & JEllo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, those are SO cute! You rock, Sis! Always surprising us with more and more talents of yours.

    Lovebug, lovebug.. so excited for her arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a beautiful job on those bibs and burps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! We are so happy for you guys! Your little Lovebug is one blessed girl!
    -K. Bowman

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lovely! are they for your little sweetie? she'll be the best "dressed" baby ever!

    ReplyDelete