photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Friday, March 11, 2011

Craving Seafood... Thai food anyone?

So I know all the books say to limit my seafood intake... the whole too-much mercury thing... but I've been off Sushi for 5 months people, and I'm just dying for some seafood! So I whipped out an old recipe... one of the first ones I ever made Bri back when we were teenagers and dating and I wanted to impress him. It's my version of a recipe from a Thai food book I bought at B&N on a whim, and it is DELICIOUS! I never knew that curry could be so good! It may sound like a complicated dish, but no worries... you can do it!


Thai Curried Seafood with Coconut Milk                                                      
1/2 lb shrimp (peeled & deviened)
8oz lobster or crab meat (give it a rough chop)
1 lb firm white fish (cut into cubes) (I used Tilapia)
14oz can of coconut milk
2 tbsp Thai fish sauce/oil
1 small can of diced green chilies
Small bunch of Cilantro (finely chopped)
1-2 limes
Jasmine Rice to serve over

Curry Paste:
6 scallions (finely chopped)
small bunch of cilantro (finely chopped)
21/2 tbsp green chilies (from the can above)
1in piece of ginger root (peeled and finely chopped)
1tbsp Canola oil

First, we'll make that curry! Grab your kitchen aid food processor or any other gadget that will pulverize herbs and get all the ingredients pulsing. When it's as fine of a paste as you can get it, set it aside.

Now you'll wanna grab your electric wok.... or if you aren't crazy like me and own every kitchen gadget possible... a large skillet will work just fine. Toss in your shrimp for just 3 minutes until they start to curl up and turn pink. Remove them and set aside.

Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a boil over medium heat. Keep stirring so it won't scortch! Add  2 heaping tbsp of the curry paste and the fish sauce. Turn the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.

Add the Fish, shrimp, and lobster meat and cook for only 2 minutes! It doesn't take much and you don't want dry seafood! Then stir in the remaining chillies, a bunch of cilantro, and a big squeeze of lime juice.

Serve over a bed of delicious jasmine rice, with a slice of lime. Mmm... enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Mm, I remember that delicious dish. Miss your cooking... LOTS.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks bee-u-tiful! Hope you are feeling good! xoxo

    ReplyDelete