photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thank You Miss Paula!

I can’t remember when exactly I fell in love with Miss Paula Deen… but I know it was early in my trying-to-cook/bake phase! Her sweet, sweet spirit and southern charm are only icing on the cake to her ability to create comfort food so good, you’ll feel home after just one bite. Many of my “go-to” baked goodies are from Miss Paula… and this one’s definitely been made a few dozen times. You think you’ll have just one… but then you look down, and five more are gone! They’re sweet buttery little bits of goodness! Make ‘em when you’re feeling homesick, or just need a comforting pick-me-up.

Here’s what you need…


Mini White Chocolate Chip Blondies               by Paula Deen
(Makes about 55-60 mini blondies)

1 cup butter
4 oz white baking chocolate
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 ½ cups flour
1tsp vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Go ahead and line your mini muffin pan with little paper liners. I got my tins and liners at Sur La Table and I use them for all sorts of mini treats!

Next grab a large bowl and add the white baking chocolate and the butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals, or just put it in a sauce pan on low until they’re melted and nice and smooth. Add both sugars and beat in eggs one at a time. Slowly add the flour, and then stir in the vanilla, nuts and chips. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins… you can lick your fingers when the batter accidentally misses the paper liner!

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let ‘em cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then put them on a wire cooling rack.


Now grab a glass of milk and a warm blondie and say Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. You can't go wrong with Paula desserts! She is my "go to" for something sweet and yummy! :)

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete