photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Friday, June 11, 2010

This ain't your average burger...

I must confess, I totally missed Burger Friday last week, but I do have a VERY good excuse! My parents came out all the way from my home town in Missouri for their first visit to our home here in Cali! We saw all the sights, ate a WHOLE lot of food (I’m pretty sure I gained 10lbs) and had a wonderful time!

So this week, I have one deeelishous burger for ya’ll! This one just might make the “Top Ten” recipe list (from our first year) I’m working on!

Gaucho Burger and Charred Pico by Rach & Yours Truly



For the Burger…
1 lb ground sirloin
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp ground coriander
S&P
Big romaine leaves
4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
4 gourmet white hamburger buns

Charred Pico…
2 Roma tomatoes (seeded and quartered)
2 JalapeƱos (seeded and quartered)
1 red onion, halved (I used a yellow one… it worked.)
A big bunch of cilantro (finely chopped)
A pinch of salt
Big squeeze of fresh lime juice

First you’ll need to get those veggies grilling! Get your grill or grill pan screaming hot! It only takes a few minutes on each side to get the veggies good and charred. Transfer them to your cutting board and give them a dice. Grab a bowl and add the cilantro, salt and lime juice to the pico! You might just have to grab a chip to give it a taste! Yum!

Next, grab a bowl and mix up the ground sirloin with the spices. Make four even patties, a little thinner in the middle so they cook evenly. Lower the temp on your grill pan to Medium.
Cook the burgers for about 5min on each side, and put the cheese on top in the last few minutes to get it melty!

Don’t forget to get your hamburger buns toasty under the broiler!

To put your Gaucho Burger together, put a couple leaves of lettuce on the bottom bun, then the burger, and then PLENTY of that pico!

Now take a big juicy bite, and say “Thank you Candace!” You’re welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Hubby made the best burger for dinner, sooo yummy! I am still full, and somewhat too full!

    ReplyDelete