photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Monday, September 17, 2012

My new favorite lunch! {Green Smoothies!}

I know that there's been a lot of hype in the blogosphere about these green smoothies, and it took a long time for my sister to convince this Mama that pulverized spinach could be really delicious! I knew that it would be a great way to get extra nutrients into my diet and that it would probably help get those last 10lbs of baby weight off... but I actualy LIKE food and usually don't eat things that don't taste good. So when I tell you that these really are good... well, you should trust me.

Most days this summer, I drank a smoothie made with with plain greek yogurt, spinach, flax seed, a whole banana and mixed berries. It was very fruity and refreshing during those long hot months! Now that Fall is finally here, I needed to switch it up again. 

My new-found fav tastes totally un-healthy [even though it really is!] It's  Peanut Butter Banana and I eat it almost everyday. Seriously.

Here's what you need...


Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie

1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup (heaping) frozen spinach (or fresh if you have it)
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 whole banana (broken into four pieces)
1 cup of vanilla coconut milk
1/2 cup of ice

Blend it all together for a few minutes until everything is a uniform pale green color.


I love that it's really easy for me to throw everything in the blender while I get my toddler and hubby some lunch. It's also great to throw in a to-go cup and drink while driving to playdate or other errands!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment