photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pretty Pincushions…

So after my first sewing project, the Bit of Whimsy dolls… I decided that maybe sticking my fingers into the pin box over and over was NOT the best idea I ever had. Actually, my sore little fingers were BEGGING me for a pin cushion. Why, you may ask, did I not purchase one when I bought my sewing machine and other crafty paraphernalia? Because of course I had to have a super cute, over-the-top pincushion…like the cupcake pattern I picked up at the Queen Bee Market… remember that? After the assembly began with the “High Calorie” version I realized that this was going to be one BIG cupcake, but hey- more surface area for pins, AND they do look rather cute on the shelf next to my beloved Singer. Don’t you think? Here’s how the little cuties turned out…





If you’re interested, you can snag the pattern Here. Also- I used fabric from Here on the “High Calorie” cupcake, and the super cute decorative pins were purchased Here.

Love,
Candace

1 comment: