photo cc1_zps954c9cb4.png  photo cc2_zps5d5b43a3.png  photo cc6_zps0ed9b97b.png  photo BUT6_zps8dfa3d9f.png

Friday, May 21, 2010

It’s Burger Friday again…

I find it really interesting that after going through my recipes/foodie photos last night I found that about 85 percent of my recipes are Italian. Being a very vanilla Midwestern girl (country music and all) I blame Rach. She came up with this delicious dish that we devoured…



Meatball Melties by Rachael Ray (tweaked by yours truly)
1 lb ground sirloin
½ lb ground pork
2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Small bunch of flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
1/3 cup grated Parm/Romano mix
1 egg
¼ onion (grated with a micro plane)
A splash of milk
Dash of nutmeg (sounds weird, but it works!)
4 slices provolone cheese
Jar of your favorite Tomato Basil Marinara (I used Trader Joe’s)
S&P
EVOO
4 ciabatta rolls (I cut up a small ciabatta loaf)

Heat a large cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. In a large bowl, put the ground sirloin, ground pork, breadcrumbs, parsley, grated parm/romano, egg, onion, milk, nutmeg and S&P. You’ve heard me say it before… Take off those rings and MIX! Divide the mixture into 4 big patties, making the middle a little thinner.

Drizzle the patties with some EVOO. Place in the hot skillet and cook, flipping once, for about 10min or so. Top each burger with a slice of provolone in the last few minutes to get it melty.

Heat up your Marinara in a sauce pan while the burgers cook, and let it thicken for a bit.

Put your rolls/sliced ciabatta under the broiler to get ’em nice and toasty!

Place the burgers on one piece of ciabatta, top em’ with plenty of sauce and another piece of ciabatta. Roll up your sleeves and dig in! My poor Hubby has to wait patiently, drooling, while I photograph my plate before he can eat… Thank you Hunny! Muah!

Have a great weekend ya’ll!

Love,
Candace

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Homemade burger!! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is... This is a MUST for the next time you cook us dinner! :) I REALLY want to try that! yum!!

    ReplyDelete